Click for Free Printable instructions
Click to view our Bullet Journal Pinterest Board with TONS of Free Printables and Ideas
WHY WOULD I START ONE?
If you have a hard time getting organized, planning upcoming events, and/or keeping a journal, this is for you. Writing information down can be helpful, and even fun! Keep track of future goals, daily tasks, the month ahead, books and movies you’re interested in, and more!
HOW DO I START ONE?
• Get any journal (many use a dot-grid, but it isn’t necessary, it just helps you keep things lined up)
• Number your pages (10 or 20 at a time until you run out will work just fine)
• Keep the first 2 pages blank for your index
• Use the next 4 pages for a Future Log (a year-long picture for birthdays and things you’ll know about months ahead of time)
• Keep the next 2 or 4 pages blank to fill in later with interesting things like books, movies, netflix series, music, etc. (this can also go in the back)
• Begin with whatever month you are in (no need to wait for January, you can do this!) take one page to write out the monthly calendar and one page to write out the tasks
• You can have your journal be as fancy or as simple as you like. No need to do cursive (unless you want to of course!)
• Use Washi Tape to highlight titles, cover mistakes, and tape on the side of pages to tab them
• Many bullet journalers use pages for each month or even the year to keep track of their habits, daily gratitude, the weather, etc.
• Want to get ideas and a free printable for bullet journals? Go to PortersOnline.com/bullet-journal