We’re really excited about our NEW Firefly Mason Jars because they are affordable and so versatile! Here’s a quick video how-to on using them for Halloween:
Here are some more in-depth Instructions:
You will need:
- Firefly Mason Jars
- Krylon Stained Glass Spray Paint
Please note that all steps were sped up in the video.
- Remove lid, firefly lights and use pliers to remove the handle. You’ll only need to unhook the handle from the one side where the wire around the neck comes together. Everything should come off rather easily.
- Spray the INSIDE of the Mason Jar with light coats of Krylon Stained Glass Spray Paint – let dry one minute in between to prevent drips. Luckily, this is for Halloween, so drips may look intentional. We spray the inside so the jars can be handled without scratching.
- Let air out and dry.
- Replace the handle with pliers.
- Put batteries in firefly lights and carefully place them back in the jar.
- Replace lid.
- Rub the vinyl with a craft stick or side of fingernail before removing the backing.
- Carefully place the vinyl on the jar and rub again before slowly removing the transfer paper.