Click for the 8.5 x 11 printable, or come in to stores to get the 11×17 to trace.
Here’s Ellie to show you how to do it:
You will need:
- A pallet plaque
- 2 or 3 colors of milk paint
- Frog Tape
- Either a ruler or a pattern to trace (we have them in stores)
- A pencil
- Either paint the background or leave it as is.
- Using a ruler, create a grid by following steps 3, 4 & 5 or trace the big patterns from our Idaho Falls and Rexburg Stores onto carbon paper and skip to step 7.
- Find the center by lightly drawing diagonal lines from corner to corner – creating an x.
- Lightly draw a vertical line down the center, turn your square 90° and repeat. This should create four smaller squares. (See Printable)
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 with the four small squares.
- Darken or add the lines of the design as shown to the left.
- Tape off and paint Color 1.
- Take off the tape before the paint dries completely. Touch up any missed areas, then let it dry.
- Repeat steps 7 & 8 with Color 2.