Hey Everyone, this Saturday, August 20 at 2:30, we are going to demo the easy way to do chalk art! This is perfect for Back to School Photos and Home Décor. If you can color adult coloring books, you can do this.
After we demo this live, we will come back to this post and add the video.
In the meantime… here are the instructions and free printable so you can follow along.
Supplies: Regular Chalk, a Chalk Board, Chalk Markers*, a Pencil, Scissors, Painter’s Tape
*Before you begin, test the chalk markers in a small area to make sure they work on your surface. They tend to leave a residue on painted surfaces, but the more you use the board, the less noticeable the residue will be. You can use chalk alone if you prefer.
- Print this Free Easy Back to School Chalk Art DIY Printable
- Cut out the border around the type.
- Using regular chalk, cover the entire back side of the paper and tape it where you want it on the board.
- You may want to leave room if you’d like to write in your student’s grade.
- Trace over the outline of design with pencil.
- Take off the paper and fill in the design with Chalk or Chalk Markers.
Tip 1: Coca Cola or Clorox wipes have been known to get the residue of chalk markers off quite nicely.
Tip 2: You can print poster size images using multiple sheets of regular printer paper if you have a big chalk board – just go to BlockPosters.com
You can apply this same process to anything you can print, however, please be sure you have the copyright to artwork if you plan to trace and then sell it.
Be sure to Enter to Win a $5 Porter’s Gift Card by commenting while we are Live on August 20 at 2:30!