Create a pretty fall tulle dress for your little girls!
This fall tulle dress has a woven bodice and many different colors. You can create this pretty tulle dress by following the simple directions below.
- Elastic Band
- Your Choice of Tulle Colors (orange, green, black, purple, etc.)
- Elastic Headband
- Needle and Thread
- Measure and sew together either end of an elastic band.
- Cut 30 to 40 tulle strands in 2” by 15” dimensions.
- Fold a tulle piece in half and use a larks head knot to tie the folded piece onto the elastic band.
- Continue tying tulle pieces until the band is completely covered in tulle all the way around.
- Take one of the tied tulle strands and weave it in and out (over and under) the other strands of tulle to make a basket-like weave. Take the next piece and repeat until all the tulle has been weaved into a bodice of the desired length or until the tulle runs out.
- Tie the ends of all the weaved tulle to a thick elastic head band at the bottom of the bodice.
- Cut more tulle strands to make the bottom of the dress.
- Add tulle to the bottom of the dress by folding each piece in half and knotting them onto the elastic headband with more lark knots.
- Keep adding tulle until the dress goes all the way around. (Tip: simply add more tulle pieces to make the dress more full.)
- You can add ribbon by threading it through the different holes left in the weaving. You can also add tulle sleeves by tying them to the top sides of the bodice.