ABC’s popular TV show Shark Tank recently featured Bev Vines-Haines and Charlotte Clary, two grandmas who have been in the entrepeneural business for a while and have recently been wildly successful with their Xylitol hand-crafted candies called “Ice Chips.”
Here is their story,
“Charlotte’s cell phone rang and I gave her that look meant to convey, “Don’t answer that! We’re in a meeting.” Since we never think alike, she answered it. In seconds she was mouthing something to me but I could not understand. So I mouthed, “What?” By this time we are pretty much ignoring the television guy. Charlotte says into the phone, “Just a second.” Now she whispers, “It’s Shark Tank!” We’re good at inner pandemonium so we did a virtual dance. “I’m in a meeting with a TV station,” Charlotte says. “I’ll have to call you back.” So began the best ride of our lives.
We started our business ten years ago, making all natural salves to deal with difficult skin issues. Not dramatic but still, a lot of fun. We sold to several accounts and health businesses in our state and even tried to start a home party plan. About three years ago, in the fall of 2009, we were looking for a way to make Xylitol candy. We knew Xylitol was great for teeth and diabetics could enjoy it. We had tried ordering a few different kinds but could not find one with the zing and the burst of flavors we wanted.
One of the best things about being a novice is you have no idea what everybody thinks and everybody says. We are both grandmas and between us we have 37 grandchildren. We wanted a healthy candy that would taste good enough our grandchildren would gobble it the same way they gobbled sugar. Thus, Ice Chips Candy® was born.”
You can read more about their Ice Chips and their Shark Tank journey by visiting www.icechipscandy.com
Take a look at the many health benefits you can gain by eating these Xylitol Ice Chips:
- Strengthens teeth
- Reduces new tooth decay
- Reduces cavity-causing bacteria
- Inhibits growth of dental plaque
- Stimulates saliva flow
- Does NOT impact insulin levels
- Contains zero net effective carbs
- Delicious and satisfying
- The FDA has approved xylitol as a Natural Sweetener
- Xylitol is a natural sweetener found in the fibers of many fruits and vegetables
- Xylitol is found in small amounts in the human body
- One teaspoon of xylitol contains 40% less calories than sugar
- Savoring ICE CHIPS Candy 3 to 5 times a day delivers maximum benefits
- Use ICE CHIPS Candy immediately after meals or snacks
- Recent studies have found a link between consuming Xylitol during pregnancy and stronger teeth in infants
Want to try some of these delicious candies? no problem, we have them right here at Porter’s Craft and Frame.