Many crafting guru’s like to use sand in their projects. Whether the sand is being used for a vase, a weight, a mold, a sand art piece, or for little kids to play with; it is a fun tool to use when crafting. However, buying sand in different colors can be difficult and sometimes expensive. What if you need a whole bunch of sand that is colored black but you also need a tiny bit of white, a tiny bit of blue, and a tiny bit of pink? Instead of buying a different bag of sand for each and every color, you just need to buy some white sand then color it yourself.
Once you have white sand it is a simple breeze to color it yourself, once you learn how to do it you will never need to buy colored sand again. Here are instructions on how to go about coloring your own sand:
- Buy white sand.
- Buy food coloring.
- Put the amount of white sand you want to color (one color) into a plastic container, one in which you can stir and mix up the sand.
- Now, choose the color you want to dye your sand from the food coloring colors you have purchased.
- Place a few drops of the food coloring into the container with your white sand.
- Now, using a spoon or another mixing utensil mix and crush the food coloring into your white sand. If you have a lid for your container you can place the lid on the container and mix up the sand by shaking them together.
- Watch your sand change color. If you need the color to be a darker or more vibrant color, simply add more food coloring.
Now you can create your own beautiful array of sand colors and get to work on your next crafting project. Good luck and have fun!